Thursday, January 3, 2013

Power Prayers for the New Year


Ahhh, great sunset. I wish I were still on my cruise! Instead I am with my family visiting Cleveland where it is very wintery here...snowbanks and everything.

I am still focusing on chanting about my New Year's Determinations and Power Prayers. I know the moment of power is now. There are, as always, many things left unfinished from last year's goals and it's important not to get feel too bad about them. The other day I made a list of all the accomplishments I made last year, and all the things I feel good about. That is a great place to start!

At the New Year it is time to:


Make a new determination
Make a fresh determination
Make a bold determination!

What  does this mean?


Making a determination sets your course. It's like a compass. It can move your life. It is a powerful tool. It is a cry of the heart. Once you make a determination your life begins to move in the direction you have set! 


So how do you do it?


It starts with your desire. Some of my best determinations come when I am in front of the Gohonzon chanting. That's why I always have pen and paper handy.


What's the difference between a goal and a determination?


Goals are usually short and set in time. "I will lose 20 pounds by my birthday." Sound familiar? "I will get straight "A"s this year. Get the idea?


A determination goes deeper. It can make many changes at once. Here are a few examples of mine.


"I vow to create VICTORY in every aspect of my life! 


Determination for strong faith:

I am determined to use this faith to the best of my ability. Every moment I learn and deepen my prayer. I study and deepen my faith so I can encourage others. I  do morning and evening Gongyo every day and live my life to help others discover this practice. My life is a shining example that this practice works. I live my life as a joyful response to my mentor and an affirmation that I can do anything I desire. 

Some of you know I lost 70 pounds. 

Here is my determination: 

For my Body: I am determined to be healthier, happier, and more fit than I have ever been. I'm determined to find the right practitioners and who will guide me in my path to vibrant health! I feel better and better every single day! I am determined to know which food choices contribute to my overall good health, and to use this knowledge to the best of my ability! 


(Note: since I made this determination I have found exactly what I need to be healthier than ever, and I am putting it into practice)


And when I knew it was time to move on from my marriage I determined to have the kind of divorce that was so positive and uplifting that people would be inspired to chant Nam Myoho Renge Kyo. And two of my friends who saw us going through the divorce process were so inspired they began chanting and have since changed their lives in amazing ways. 


(Note: today, January 3rd I am in Cleveland Ohio with my entire family, Paul and Aaron and Ben - and we are spending time with Julia and Cliff. Julia started chanting when she saw us together two summers ago. Now she is enjoying all the benefits from two years of chanting with determination: her health has returned and she is experiencing love for her husband in a whole new way)


I have a vow for my love life too: 

"I VOW to create Victory in every aspect of my life! I will have the kind of love relationship that brings us both absolute joy! It will grow every day and we will spend our time together delighting in each other's happiness and having fun exploring this wonderful world! Both of us have passion and drive and We will appreciate each other in ways I have never experienced in a relationship, and our love and appreciation will grow and deepen through the years.

(This one has yet to manifest, but I know it will!)


I have determinations for many areas of my life. I believe this is very important for creating the life of my dreams and being happier than I ever thought possible! And all of this is possible for you! That's why I write this blog!!!


You can make a strong determination in every area of your life. And while you are chanting, you can focus on expressing these determinations to your life!


It's the right time to move your life! It's the right time to dig deep! Please share your determinations with me, and share your successes. I am actively gathering material for the book I am writing for you and everyone you wish to inspire. Wouldn't you love to have YOUR story in it? Join me! 



No comments:

Post a Comment