Sunday, January 11, 2015

Sensei on Chanting for our TRUE Desires



Sensei Says - Do You Have A Dream….

“Many of us have some problems that we avoid chanting
about, because we are afraid to look at them directly and
 prefer not to think about them. Others may have dreams 
locked up in their hearts that they are afraid to admit even 
to themselves let alone chant for, because they feel they do 
not deserve to be happy, or because they are afraid of 
being disappointed should they not succeed in attaining 
their goal.

Nichiren Daishonin teaches us that the power of the 
Gohonzon has no limit. It is we who impose limits on it 
with  our doubts and fears. 

How tragic it would be if, having 

encountered the Mystic Law, we could not fully enjoy it's 
benefit because we lacked the courage to pray with all our 
hearts for what we truly wanted.

Surely nothing would be more bitter than to have to look 
back over one's life and feel, 'I never accomplished what I 
really wanted to.'
Nichiren Daishonin, out of his compassion, teaches us how 
to live so that we will have no regrets. Since we have been 
fortunate enough to meet the Gohonzon, why don't we 
place our full trust in it, pray courageously for what we 
desire and fulfill all our dreams in this lifetime.”


Daisaku Ikeda

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jamie, I am having a health issue and I've been told to get surgery to remove my gallbladder (gallstone trouble) . I really don't want to, and I am chanting for my gallbladder to strengthen and the stones to disappear. My problem is that I am having trouble actually believing that my chanting can do that. No matter how much I chant, I can feel this fear and lack of faith. On the other hand, I feel reluctant to do surgery because I feel I am not giving my practice and faith a chance-----I feel so stuck, how do you suggest I work on this?

    ReplyDelete