Monday, March 30, 2015

PowerPrayer for Excelling at Work





Have you read "The Heart of the Lotus Sutra" by Daisaku Ikeda? I read the first chapter called "Impressions on my Mentor's State of Life" yesterday, and have been thinking about what a revolutionary practice we have. I was struck again by how accessible this practice is to all people. 
This is the FIRST form of Buddhism where people who are not priests chant the prayers. 
We tap into our highest potential, the life of the universe itself, every time we chant Nam-myoho-renge-kyo.
Each day, by doing gongyo (recitation of the Lotus Sutra) and daimoku (chanting Nam-myoho-renge-kyo) we practice Nichiren Buddhism as Votaries of the Lotus Sutra....as the Buddhas we are!

What does being a "Votary" mean? According to Daisaku Ikeda it means "those who dedicate themselves to the mission of saving all people throughout the entire world" and "individuals, basing themselves on the Mystic Law, contribute to others and to society as "votaries," that is PEOPLE OF ACTION." All of US!

We all want to make the world a better place through our own thoughts, words, and actions. 

"President Toda initiated the great struggle to spread the Lotus Sutra of the Latter Day for the sake of those laboring under the dire consequences after World War II. "I want to banish the word 'misery' from the world and rid the world of poverty and sickness." This passionate cry of my mentor, who stood up alone after the war, still resounds in my ears. This cry of the spirit is none other than the heart of the Lotus Sutra."
From The Heart of the Lotus Sutra by Daisaku Ikeda, page 7

I know that I also carry that "cry" in my heart, as a disciple of Daisaku Ikeda and Josei Toda. 

PowerPrayer to Do a Great Job at Work!
A PowerPrayer is a focused determination, meant to be read before chanting Nam-myoho-renge-kyo.. so we can use each moment of prayer with laser-like precision. These have worked for me, and I offer them to you as a fellow practitioner, not as an official voice of the SGI. 
by Jamie Lee Silver from Chantforhappiness.com

Life!

I am determined to shine as a votary of the Lotus Sutra 
at work. 

I am determined to fully grasp 
what is expected of me 
and exceed it.  
I pave the way for a great future 
by doing a great job today.  
I take understandable notes that power me forward.
I sharpen my memory and my mind
make a clear plan of action and execute it. 
Each moment 
I shine with the light of Nam-myoho-renge-kyo. 
Each moment, I do shakubuku with my life by being cheerful, 
respectful, 
appreciative, 
caring 
and productive. 
I am determined to pave the way for my growth, success, and happiness, and to be an INDISPENSABLE employee!

Shoten zenjin! Support me in my every effort! 

I show actual proof of this practice every day. 
These are my goals for today and this week:___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ 

Have a great day, or evening! 
As always, write me at chantforhappiness@gmail.com - Some of you may have ideas for improving this PowerPrayer. I'd love to hear them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment