Friday, May 1, 2015

3 Ways to Know You're Chanting Enough


Look, the sun is there- it's right behind the clouds~
Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!  

I am chanting to change my karma today! Today...today. 

How do we know 
when we're chanting enough Daimoku 
(or focused Daimoku)?
(Nam Myoho Renge Kyo)

1. Fear disappears and hope returns  
2. We're in rhythm.
3. We see and feel the daily upward progression of your life. 

I call it "Walking on a pillow of Daimoku.

When I am "Walking on a pillow of Daimoku," I know, that at every moment, my life is expressing itself with wisdom, compassion, love, and energy. I can feel the power of the universe shining from within me. 

When I'm in this state I rarely say something I regret. I don't take the wrong turn. I choose the right line, or if I choose the line that takes longer, I make a new friend in that line, or I laugh to myself about it and don't feel frustrated. I'm in the right place at the right time. 

I'm smiling and happy. I bring smiles to other's faces. I am in rhythm. Little synchronicities happen all the time. 

This week I've been chanting 2 hours a day - 
Sometimes it's easy...sometimes it's not.
I've had to just power through some of the Daimoku. Last night I came home from visiting Ben in the hospital, and didn't start my last hour until 9:30. 

Right now I have renewed hope in my heart, along with some of these other benefits I've received this week: 

I've been seeing my dear friend Mary every morning to chant, and we are chanting by phone every night. I already see the change in her! 
I'm not worried. Not about Ben. Not about anything. I've given notice on my apartment and my lease is up June 30th. I'm feeling physically great. I'm moving my body (also known as "working out") for at least 20 minutes a day. My body is humming in happiness. (There's a lot of people who are inspiring me these days, Erin Stutland, Christiane Northrup M.D, Nick and Jessica Ortner, and Tosha Silver to name a few) Erin says we need to fall in love with the way our body feels when we are moving it every day. That's a different way of viewing "working out." When we look at it like this, movement doesn't take will power. We're going towards a feeling, not making ourselves do anything. I get it. 
She says "When there's movement in your body there's movement in your life." 

This week I was in the right place at the right time to get a free hair cut from a master of the art of hair cutting. That was a nice benefit!


I never run out of things to chant for...
Every day, I chant for composure, for wisdom, and to open my life to learn all that I can. I chant for every reader of this blog, and for all the people I'd still like to reach.  I chant for every person who is suffering, and looking for this very practical practice, to FIND IT. I chant for opportunities to have this blog (and our message of peace and hope) spread wider and wider and help more people. I chant for all who are suffering. I chant to show actual proof with my life of how amazing this simple practice is.

This week I heard from with someone who started practicing alone, began reading my blog, then joined the SGI. That makes me so happy! 

May 3rd is only 3 days away! There is still enough time to make a determination - chant about it and WIN! 
I look forward to hearing from you at Chantforhappiness.com. 


6 comments:

  1. Thank you for writing this. It is very beautiful & encouraging.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many many thanks ....it's so beautiful and motivational and full of hope...god bless you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Many many thanks ...its so beautiful and motivatnal and full of hope...god bless you

    ReplyDelete
  4. You keep me inspired. Thank you Jamie. Happy Mother's day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. great! thank you! u helped!

    ReplyDelete