Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Feeling Stuck? PowerPrayer to Open your Life to Change


When we change ourselves we change our lives. We all know this, but what's the best way to do this. How can we change? how can we trigger our lives to change? 
Chanting Nam-myoho-renge-kyo is the most profound cause we can make for our lives. Here is a PowerPrayer to help us all on the road to changing ourselves. 

How can you use PowerPrayers? You might read this before chanting to get your mind focused for prayer. And when you are chanting you can bring these words to mind...maybe one sentence...maybe a few phrases. There is no need to memorize the entire prayer...just to get the feeling for it, and allow it to bring focus to your daimoku as you chant the name of the Mystic Law  ~ Nam-myoho-renge-kyo with all your heart! 

Powerful Power Prayer 
to Open Our Lives to Change
By Jamie Lee Silver from Chantforhappiness.com

I chant to realize and see the basic life tendencies that don't serve me and are holding me back. 

I chant to see them and root them forever out of my life. 

I chant to release my resistance to change!

I chant to make every action, thought, prayer and feeling a positive cause for my own happiness and for kosen-rufu. I envision a world of happiness for all beings. 

I chant for the wisdom to know what action to take, and then to take it decisively. 

I chant for my life to unfold like the brilliant Lotus it is, and for every day to brim with happiness and hope-full-ness, magic and fulfillment. Every day I chant to make a positive impact in my own life and the lives of those around me. 

I begin my day chanting in gratitude for my health, my protection, my mentor - Daisaku Ikeda, and for having the ichinen (will put into action) to continue to chant. 

Today I also focus my prayer on_____________________________________(you fill in the blank) I am determined to accomplish __________________ to show actual proof of this practice in my life, and to lead others to the law of chanting Nam-myoho-renge-kyo through my sparkling example of happiness. 

I will defeat every negative function that attempts to hold me back NOW! 

Shoten Zenjin! (Protective forces of the universe in me and in everything) Activate in every way for me NOW!!!


Daisaku Ikeda states in Faith in Action (page 87):

"Buddhism means putting the teachings into practice. Practice equals faith. With a practice of sincere prayer and action, our desires cannot possibly fail to be fulfilled. When you continue to apply yourselves to your Buddhist practice towards kosen-rufu. solidifying and gaining mastery in faith, all your prayers will definitely be answered."

2 comments: