Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Arousing Life-Changing Determination and Appreciation



(You can now subscribe to this blog by putting your email address in the box to the right)

I am feeling the power of turning Poison into Medicine. 
I am feeling the surge of energy that comes from having a huge gaping hole in life. 

Suddenly I am not waking up every day with the constant thought of "How can I save my Ben today?" Because I know I can't save him, at least on earth. What I CAN do is honor him by my thoughts, words, actions, Daimoku and determination. 

I am a Buddha who "lost" her baby Buddha. From great sorrow can only come great good. That is the way of a practitioner of Nichiren Daishonin's Buddhism. There is no other way. Not for a true disciple of President Ikeda. Because of this I must and will create more value for more people. I am tapping into the vast resources of the universe that are MINE to TAP. And YOURS to TAP. 

I am following Linda Johnson's guidance to chant to connect with the heart of my partner for kosen rufu and pull him into my life (cool guidance!) ~  but it goes much deeper than that. If I can chant to connect and pull into my life my kosen rufu partner, then it follows that I can connect and with everything in the universe because we are all interconnected. 

I feel my prayer deepening. 

When I chant to actualize President Ikeda's dream I know that it IS my dream. It IS our dream to have a world that is free of suffering...to have a world free from the threat of nuclear war...to have a world where people are fueled by their happiness and fulfillment, not fueled by fear and suffering. When I chant like this I feel connected to the entire universe, which I AM, and you are too. We all are. This practice enables us to TAP that power and use it for the good of all. 

I love what Gene O'Connell shared with me. After I chant to actualize President Ikeda's Dream (MY DREAM), I chant for every member. I chant for everyone reading this blog, and for everyone chanting everywhere to realize their dreams. And of course, I chant for those who are looking for this amazing practice to find it, embrace it and find happiness and fulfillment. 

And today with a full and grateful heart I thanked my little cherub, my dear sweet boy, for 22 years of happiness in his presence, and for the honor of sharing this journey with him, and for the honor of using the rest of my life to explode with all the warmth, vigor, energy and wisdom to touch as many people possible and help them ignite their passion for living, and live the life they love. Just as I am doing, even though my deepest grief, after my worst possible fear has come true. 

Thank you Shakyamuni, Nichiren Daishonin, thank you President Makiguchi, Josei Toda, Daisaku Ikeda, and every wonderful Buddhist friend who has encouraged me throughout the years. My heart overflows with appreciation. 

5 comments:

  1. Jamie, I cry with every post you write! You and Ben have inspired me so much more beyond how I was living and thinking. I am joining you in chanting deep daimoku for actualizing President Ikeda's dream, for the happiness of my members, and to continue to spread this wonderful philosophy. Ben's life will be a celebration beyond anything you dreamed possible! Thank you for your incredible courage and for sharing your heart! Thompson

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank You, Jamie! And For Sharing What You Feel With Us! Once Again My Sincere Condolences. BARB!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a lot to learn from you Jamie...Great spirit and positive attitude..

    ReplyDelete
  4. My condolences.... Instead of consoling you I have been encouraged by the posts you wrote. Be strong dear, always!

    ReplyDelete