Tuesday, August 18, 2015

PowerPrayer to Send Love to YourSELF


As soon as I started chanting this morning tears welled up in my eyes and I had to stop for a few moments to release the sadness. It's just going to be like that for awhile. As I began to chant again I thought "I need to send myself some love." 

And for much of the rest of my daimoku I sent waves of love to myself. 

I know we chant for others. I know we chant for circumstances to change in our lives. I know we chant to change ourselves so that our environments can change and we can do shakubuku and kosen rufu...and sometimes we need to focus on our hearts - we need love too. That's where it all starts.  

As I was chanting, my Daimoku was so delicious I want to share it with you in the form of this PowerPrayer. 

PowerPrayers are fresh determinations to read before chanting to refresh our hearts and power our Daimoku. 

I wish you all a day of love!

So for today, here is a 
PowerPrayer to Send Love to YourSELF
By Jamie Lee Silver of Chantforhappiness.com

Life, 
AS I am chanting I am feeling waves of Daimoku

Nam myoho renge kyo

flowing through my body
waves of love for my own self
waves of love for my precious body
waves of love for my heart. 
Life, 
Open my life to the love all around me today.
Life, 
Let me receive and experience the love and the good all around me today. 
Today, and every day, 
may I bask in the love I generate
the love I share, 
the love I am

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Whatever your circumstances, whatever your past, the forces that determine your future are nowhere but within your own heart and mind. It is here that the star of your destiny shines." Daisaku Ikeda, Ikedaquotes.org

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2 comments:

  1. Be strong Jamie as you are our strength...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely !

    And, It was just what I needed to hear,

    Thank-you,

    Elyzabeth

    ReplyDelete