Friday, May 13, 2016

7 Keys to Vanquishing Recurring Karma Once and For All!



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Strength is Happiness. 
Strength is itself victory. 
In weakness and cowardice there is no happiness. 
When you wage a struggle, 
you might win or you might lose. 
But regardless of the short-term outcome, 
the very fact of your continuing to struggle 
is proof of your victory as a human being. 
A strong spirit, strong faith and strong prayer - 
developing these is victory 
and the world of Buddhahood."

Daisaku Ikeda, For Today and Tomorrow, page 50 


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We all have it. That karmic pattern that we've chanted to end forever...and somehow, it ends for a bit then resurfaces in a different time and place. 

For some people it's a financial challenge, for others it might be within relationships, but at the core of it all, it's OUR karma and we need to keep our determination to change it. And for me, it usually involves some kind of courageous conversation, and drawing some resource from within my own life using wisdom to overcome, not cower from it. 

I picture our lives and karma like a spiral going upwards, and as I come around a bend, the karma resurfaces in some way...and it's up to me once again to write the story of my life. 

At a study meeting the other day, a leader reminded me: "Whenever I encounter a trouble I remind myself I WRITE THE STORY OF MY LIFE. I'm the protagonist and the author. I'm sure I wrote a happy ending!" I loved that. It made me laugh! Of course, we made a happy ending. And right here, right now...we are building that happiness. We can vanquish recurring karma once and for all. 

How do we do this?

7 KEYS to Vanquishing Recurring Karma Once and for ALL

By Jamie Lee Silver of ChantforHappiness.com

1. Have a strong determination to prove the power of this faith through your own life so you can encourage others. We practice to change ourselves and to change the world. Keep reminding yourself of your brilliant mission. 
You are a Buddha!!! Always! Eternally and at every moment! 

2. Keep going to meetings! 

3. Keep studying! 

4. Encourage others!

5. Take good care of yourself! 
Get enough sleep, eat well, exercise.
Appreciate yourself. Appreciate everything

6. Be open to new resources. 
Our powerful Daimoku leads us to resources that help us. 

7. Keep chanting! 
Every morning and evening and every morning and evening! You can do it! 

GO Buddha Go! 

I've been spending much of my time promoting Ben's Memorial Mile. This event will honor Ben's life, bring the community together, and raise money for a cure for Schizophrenia. It's June 11th in Downers Grove Illinois. You are all invited! There will be races for all age groups of varying lengths. This is incredibly hard for me...but I am persevering! For more info go to BensMemorialMile.com

STRENGTH! 
STRENGTH!
STRENGTH! 

1 comment: