Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Changing Karma Into Mission! RIght Here RIght Now!

(You can now subscribe to this blog by putting your email in the box to the right)

"Human revolution 
means turning our lives in a positive direction, 
from unhappiness to happiness. 
It is the transformation 
of the tendency 
to allow ourselves to be swept along by force of habit 
or to feel ourselves at the mercy of the whims of destiny. 
The incredible power to do this already exists inside us."

Daisaku Ikeda, Ikedaquotes.org 
under "Human Revolution"

Greetings my friends! Tomorrow I'll be back on the beach after a short stay in Asheville, North Carolina seeing my Dad. 

Today I chanted for 2 or 3 hours (I lost count). Once I started chanting I did not want to stop. I am once again drawing a line in the sand in my life. 

That's the beauty of this practice...being able to say "No to this karma!" Or "Yes to this karma!" Both are powerful. 

Recently I've become aware of some things I want to change forever. 

Unrequited love is one of them.  
It's one of those things that has been a part of my life as long as I can remember, and I share this with many, many of you. 

You write me and say "He/she used to like me and doesn't like me any more and I am still in love with him/her, how can I get him back?" 

Believe me, I understand. How I understand. 

So I'm chanting to change this karma forever...for my Mom, who suffered from it, for myself, who has experienced it...for my descendants...and for the whole world. 

I do believe real...real love is possible, and attainable. Yes! 

So I've launched a Daimoku campaign to change this karma. 

AND, of course, I am chanting for America and for the world...that we can forever vanquish greed, anger and stupidity. I'm chanting to change it in my life and in the world...these are trying times! 

I've written new active goals that I will fulfill, and I am chanting not just for myself, but to be an example for others. And, as my friend Kate always says "No matter how many times this karma rears its ugly head, just continue to say "I will win over you! Nam-myoho-renge-kyo is stronger than you! I am roaring like I lion and I will defeat you! Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!!!"  

We can take any poison and turn it into medicine. Nothing is impossible! Nothing! ROOOOAAAARRRR! 

2 comments:

  1. Once again, thank you Jaime. That's lifelong karma for me too.
    It's hard to keep getting up after all those slings and arrows of outrageous fortune.

    You're definitely an example for me. If you can keep on, then I guess I can try again too.

    Expand our prayer, expand our courage!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I struggle with chanting daimoku for even 10 minutes sometimes. How do you chant for 2-3 hours???? I can continue if I have someone to chant with but this is not always possible. I need to chant more to raise my life condition. Can you encourage me in some way, Jamie? Thank you, Shari

    ReplyDelete