Thursday, September 8, 2016

Lighting the Lamp of Hope from Florida! Turning Poison into Medicine



Hello from the Beach!
Every day I chant in appreciation for my life. Every day I tune into the Gohonzon (my life) as I chant Nam-myoho-renge-kyo, continually putting one foot in front of the other! 
We are so fortunate, we who chant the name of the Mystic Law of Life ! 
Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!

Whatever it is that has you challenged - just do not give up hope. 

For many years I have cherished the wish of speaking to audiences around the world...of sharing this practice and giving the wisdom I have learned from my life to others - to help them be happy. As many of you know, I have given a variety of speeches based on my research into the power of words and the latest news that life gets better as we get older. They have been the highlight of my career so far. 

And now, because of Ben...because my sweet boy got sick from schizophrenia and because the disease led him to take his life and because through this faith I believe life is eternal and within my realm of contact, I have written a book that is being published by an organization called Hope for the Day (a 501(c)(3) based in Chicago) and now I will be able to help and inspire other parents who have suffered this great loss, and anyone who wants to connect with their loved ones. 

Originally I called this book "Our Forever Ben," and I published copies for Ben's Memorial Mile in June. Now the working title is "Always With You, How to have a written conversation with your loved one in spirit." This name may change. Do you have some input for me? Email me at chantforhappiness@gmail.com.

And the great benefit is this: Hope for the Day will be publishing it, and then I will do ongoing programming for them telling my story and helping people with their own loss. I could be speaking at large conferences - helping many people.

Can you imagine how exciting this is for me? All those years of chanting to do kosen-rufu through my speaking and writing are really coming true in a broader scale. Hope for the Day will be helping me with media kits and all that goes along with public speaking. And I've been preparing for this my whole life. 

Whatever you are doing, whatever is challenging you - just keep chanting, keep reading and engraving the Gosho into your life, keep embracing the words of Daisaku Ikeda and stick with your fellow members in faith! Everything is possible. If I can do this - turn this immense poison into immense benefit - you can do anything!!! 

3 comments:

  1. This is so wonderful, Jamie! Big congratulations to you!
    Shari

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing, Jamie. Wishing you the very best..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to join your chantforhappiness.blogsp.i have been chanting since 11 yyears .Right now i am facing lots of financial challenges can you plz guide me.

    ReplyDelete