Sunday, September 10, 2017

Here in Asheville North Carolina Riding out Hurricane Irma

Wow. What a time of turmoil. I guess it's now or never, right? A huge hurricane, over 500 miles wide is baring down on Florida, my lovely, lovely paradise. And I don't know when I'll be able to return. I am so fortunate to have my Dad and Janis in North Carolina. When I talked to them on Tuesday they invited me up and said "Get the heck out of Dodge!" So I lowered my hurricane shutters, did a last gongyo in my beautiful apartment directly on the Gulf of Mexico in St. Pete Beach and joined many other cars heading up the narrow state. Even though I was alone, i chanted Nam-myoho-renge-kyo for most of the long journey. The first day I only stopped for a few moments at the rest stops as I inched my way up the state. I drove for 11 hours. My sister was able to get me a room in a hotel for the night in Perry, Atlanta. The next day I drove about 6 hours to get here through gorgeous countryside and chanted the whole way. I was hoarse when I got here! 

Now we chant and wait. I chant for all my friends who stayed, and I chant for everyone in my beautiful state and everywhere around the world where there is suffering. 

I chant: "Shoten Zenjin - protective forces of the universe, come from wherever you are and protect this planet...everywhere! And weaken that hurricane right now!" 

I hope you are safe and well wherever you are! 

No comments:

Post a Comment